The Competition Social Sciences: Person. Society. State is based on the Sociology, Law, and Political Science sections of the standard course of social studies.
The assignments for both the 10th and 11th grades consists of six tasks — three are focused on topics from the "Person and Society" section, three — on topics from the "State" section. A maximum of 100 points can be awarded for completing the entire assignment.
Task 1 requires to analyze a certain statement on the sociological topic, define the discussed problem, propose its theoretical explanation, and illustrate it using the relevant examples.
Task 2 describes a biographical situation, which shall be interpreted and explained using sociological concepts and theories.
Task 3 requires analyzing any paradox taken from fiction or from the works of classical authors from various social sciences.
Task 4 requires analyzing any statement related to the state and government problem or analyzing any real-world problem of state administration.
Task 5 describes the situation that shall be interpreted and explained using social, political, and economic theories and concepts.
Task 6 requires describing, interpreting, and analyzing any real historical event related to politics and the state.
When solving tasks, the participant should demonstrate the ability to apply theoretical knowledge to specific situations, as well as the knowledge of social studies, including major terms and concepts, the ability to use them correctly, knowledge of key theories and concepts related to the considered problems, their authors, and key categories.
Before the Competitions:
1. Sign in to your Personal Account and check date and time of participation (Moscow time) in the Competitions you have chosen (Date and Time of Participation in the menu).
2. To participate, you will need a PC or a laptop connected to the Internet and meeting the minimum technical requirements, and also a smartphone with a front camera. Minimum requirements and links for system and equipment testing are in the Instruction for Participants.
3. If you meet any problems during testing, please send a message to WhatsApp or Telegram (+7 909 628 44 25) with a screenshot and description of the error.
During the Competitions:
4. Make sure your laptop and smartphone are fully charged; they better are connected to the charger beforehand.
5. On chosen date and time (pt. 1) go to https://go.startexam.com/hsetest and sign in to the Testing Center with the email that you used for registration to HSE GSC 2022.
6. For authorization, take a photo of your face and upload your passport or ID copy (it must contain your photo and personal data)
7. Join the Competition and complete it.
Attention! Participants who are late to the beginning of the online Competition in the proctoring system (according to Schedule), but no more than 20 minutes, are still able to participate; Competition duration is not changing in this case.