International Relations as a subject might be attractive to students who are concerned with the aspects of modern international politics. The main goal is to check the analytical skills and knowledge of participants in such areas as history, political theory and philosophy, as well as modern international politics.
International relations today present one of the most popular areas of study, as it provides a base for professional and creative development in the modern global world. Politics and economics, national and international are intertwined in a dense ball, which any professional interacts with, irrespective of the area of competence, whether it's public service, corporate sector, individual entrepreneurship or freelance work. This area might be interesting to students who want to get a fundamental and largely unique base for understanding these complex processes together with real skills, which can be a platform for further education (graduate study, postgraduate study), or a foundation for a great career start in many areas.
The assignment for the Competition in International Relations is creative and requires writing an essay. Participants are given 180 minutes to write an essay in English, 5,000 characters (with spaces) long, on one of the proposed topics.
Undergraduate Programmes Accepting Applications
Online test (to be completed within 180 minutes) according to the Schedule.
How to Participate in HSE GSC 2021 (online competitions with proctoring)
Before the Competitions:
1. Sign in to your Personal Account and check date and time of participation (Moscow time) in the Competitions you have chosen (Date and Time of Participation in the menu). All Competitions are online.
2. To participate, you will need a PC or a laptop connected to the Internet and meeting the minimum technical requirements, and also a smartphone with a front camera:
Web browser: Chrome 72, Opera 59, Firefox 66, Edge 79
Operating System: Windows 7, macOS 10.12 "Sierra", Linux
Supported mobile version: Android 4.4+ Chrome, iOS 12+ Safari
Webcam: 640x480, 15 fps
Microphone (external or built-in)
Speakers: Optionally (for communication with proctor)
Web (Internet): 256 Kbit/s
3. Requirement meeting test for your computer and smartphone: https://iao.proctoring.online/api/check (close the window after the test is complete)
4. Web camera test (https://webcamtests.com/)
5. Microphone test (https://webcammictest.com/check-mic.html)
6. WebRTC test (https://test.webrtc.org/)
7. Internet connection test (https://yandex.ru/internet/)
8. If you meet any problems during testing, please send a screenshot of the error to firstname.lastname@example.org and describe it.
During the Competitions:
9. Make sure your laptop and smartphone are fully charged; they better are connected to the charger beforehand.
10. On chosen date and time (pt. 1) go to https://go.startexam.com/hsetest and sign in to the Testing Center with the email that you used for registration to HSE GSC 2021.
11. For authorization, take a photo of your face and upload your passport or ID copy (it must contain your photo and personal data)
12. Join the Competition and complete it.
Attention! Participants who are late to the beginning of the online Competition in the proctoring system (according to Schedule), but no more than 20 minutes, are still able to participate; Competition duration is not changing in this case.
Detailed Instruction (Russian)
Detailed Instruction (English)
Video Instruction (Russian)
Video Instruction (English)