The Competition participants are hereby invited to join a fascinating quest in Law.
Being a lawyer does not mean knowing the laws by heart or memorizing the article numbers. A modern lawyer is a versatile personality, familiar with the culture and customs of many countries. It is a person capable of grasping the philosophy of society and crystallizing the essence of it. A lawyer is the savior of truth and the knight of justice.
Having a legal education, you can work in any area of public life and get brilliant results — being a businessman, or a factory director, a trial counselor or a family dispute mediator, judge or manager, an official or an auditor, the president of the country or a lawyer for your family and close ones.
To prepare for the Competition, try to read the sources recommended by the authors of the Competition tasks. It is important to understand the logic of legal regulations, to deeply consider why the legislator formulated these rules and what result he wanted to achieve. Do not learn the articles and chapters by heart, but make notes in the text fragments that you found interesting or considered important. When reading the Competition task description, think about the reason of this regulation and the rules of life in society.
Undergraduate Programmes Accepting Applications
Online test (to be completed within 120 minutes).
How to Participate in HSE GSC 2021 (online competitions with proctoring)
Before the Competitions:
1. Sign in to your Personal Account and check date and time of participation (Moscow time) in the Competitions you have chosen (Date and Time of Participation in the menu). All Competitions are online.
2. To participate, you will need a PC or a laptop connected to the Internet and meeting the minimum technical requirements, and also a smartphone with a front camera:
Web browser: Chrome 72, Opera 59, Firefox 66, Edge 79
Operating System: Windows 7, macOS 10.12 "Sierra", Linux
Supported mobile version: Android 4.4+ Chrome, iOS 12+ Safari
Webcam: 640x480, 15 fps
Microphone (external or built-in)
Speakers: Optionally (for communication with proctor)
Web (Internet): 256 Kbit/s
3. Requirement meeting test for your computer and smartphone: https://iao.proctoring.online/api/check (close the window after the test is complete)
4. Web camera test (https://webcamtests.com/)
5. Microphone test (https://webcammictest.com/check-mic.html)
6. WebRTC test (https://test.webrtc.org/)
7. Internet connection test (https://yandex.ru/internet/)
8. If you meet any problems during testing, please send a screenshot of the error to firstname.lastname@example.org and describe it.
During the Competitions:
9. Make sure your laptop and smartphone are fully charged; they better are connected to the charger beforehand.
10. On chosen date and time (pt. 1) go to https://go.startexam.com/hsetest and sign in to the Testing Center with the email that you used for registration to HSE GSC 2021.
11. For authorization, take a photo of your face and upload your passport or ID copy (it must contain your photo and personal data)
12. Join the Competition and complete it.
Attention! Participants who are late to the beginning of the online Competition in the proctoring system (according to Schedule), but no more than 20 minutes, are still able to participate; Competition duration is not changing in this case.
Detailed Instruction (Russian)
Detailed Instruction (English)
Video Instruction (Russian)
Video Instruction (English)