The Competition in Asian Studies requires knowledge of geography, main facts and trends of the political, economic, social, and cultural development of the countries of the East, starting from the era of ancient states and up to the the end of XX– beginning of XXI centuries.
The Eastern macroregion includes the Middle East countries, China, Japan, and Korea.
The Competition assignment for the 10th and 11th grades consists of four parts.
Part 1 — tests with one or multiple correct answers (geography, political history dates, names of political and public figures, etc., facts from the history of culture).
Part 2 — tasks requiring detailed answers to a certain questions (list the facts related to a specified event or person, etc.).
Part 3 — working with various sources (determine a source by a specified text fragment or image).
Part 4 — writing an essay on one of the following topics regarding a specific regional block.
Before the Competitions:
1. Sign in to your Personal Account and check date and time of participation (Moscow time) in the Competitions you have chosen (Date and Time of Participation in the menu).
2. To participate, you will need a PC or a laptop connected to the Internet and meeting the minimum technical requirements, and also a smartphone with a front camera. Minimum requirements and links for system and equipment testing are in the Instruction for Participants.
3. If you meet any problems during testing, please send a message to WhatsApp or Telegram (+7 909 628 44 25) with a screenshot and description of the error.
During the Competitions:
4. Make sure your laptop and smartphone are fully charged; they better are connected to the charger beforehand.
5. On chosen date and time (pt. 1) go to https://go.startexam.com/hsetest and sign in to the Testing Center with the email that you used for registration to HSE GSC 2022.
6. For authorization, take a photo of your face and upload your passport or ID copy (it must contain your photo and personal data)
7. Join the Competition and complete it.
Attention! Participants who are late to the beginning of the online Competition in the proctoring system (according to Schedule), but no more than 20 minutes, are still able to participate; Competition duration is not changing in this case.