The competitions shall be held from October 24 to October 31, 2019 in two formats: on-site (requiring personal attendance) and online:- in English and in Russian – in the following subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Foreign Language (English), History, International Relations, Modern Politics, Social Sciences, Psychology, Law, Philosophy, Asian Studies, Cultural Studies, Media Communications and Journalism;
- in Russian only - in the following subjects: Philology, Design, Advertising and Public Relations.
If you wish to pursue a Russian-taught undergraduate programme at HSE and you do not speak Russian, you should first take a one-year preparatory course at HSE (HSE International Preparatory Programmes).
2. Register online on the Competition website. The compulsory online registration shall be open from May 20 to October 14, 2019.
Those who have successfully completed the registration procedure will receive their registration number for the Competition, which shall also be posted on the Competition's official website on October 15-16, 2019. The registration number assigned to you during online registration shall be used to secure your participation in all competitions (in more than one subject, but up to 5), so please save it until the final Competition results are announced.
Attention! You will NOT be able to register on-site on the date of the Competition event, so please make sure to register online in advance!3. Prepare for participation in the Competition using our methodological materials for each subject, including Competition demo versions; the list of topics and their description, as well as recommended literature; links to webinars held by methodological committees in regards to the structure of assignments, as well as assessment criteria.
4. Come to the Competition venue in your nearest city on the day of the Competition, as per the Schedule which shall be published on our website no later than a week before the Competition starting date,
or alternatively take part in a competition online, as per the relevant terms, conditions, rules and guidelines (these materials shall be published no later than 3 (three) weeks before the Competition starting date).
Rules for Taking Part in On-site Competitions (Requiring Personal Attendance)
2. The competitions in "Mathematics" and "Social Sciences" shall be held both in on-site and online formats. Please select one format only when you register for the Competition in these subjects.
3. All participants must bring: their passport or another personal ID (with a photograph); a pen with black or blue ink (all Competition assignments should be completed with a pen); drinking water and chocolate (if you wish); a printed and completed cover page (with your registration number assigned to you during the online registration).
Cover page template (in English)
Attention! If you plan to take part in more than one competition (in more than one subject, but up to 5), please make sure to bring one copy of the cover page to each competition.
4. We strongly recommend that you arrive at the Competition venue at least 30 minutes before the start of the competition.
5. If you are late for the Competition, you will still be allowed to take part, but you will have no extra time to complete your assignments.
6. You will receive a special form to complete your Competition assignment at the venue.
7. During the competitions (about the on-site competitions in "Physics" and "Mathematics" below), you may not have on your desk any electronic devices (including pocket PCs, communicators, telephones, players and any other technical means), auxiliary materials (including your own paper for drafts), reference books, directories and other items, which participants are not allowed to use during the Competition. You may not communicate and exchange any objects with other participants or leave your seat without the permission of the organizing committee. You are not allowed to use these materials and devices either in the classroom or in any other room on the Competition venue throughout the Competition until the time when you are expected to finish your Competition assignments.
The on-site competition in "Physics". You can use the following items during the competition: a pen, pencil, basic calculator (a separate device, not the one you have in your mobile phone or smartphone). Books, reference materials, mobile phones and smartphones are not allowed!The on-site competition in "Mathematics". You can use the following items during the competition: a pen, pencil, ruler, and a bow compass. You cannot use calculators or any reference materials.
8. You may not leave the classroom during the on-site competitions.
9. You can leave the classroom at the end of the on-site competition after you hand in the completed cover (registration) page and the completed Competition assignment form, as well as your draft notes (they will not be reviewed and will be destroyed), to the organizing committee.
10. In case of any violation of the Rules or if a participant refuses to follow the Rules, he/she shall be disqualified and shall not be able to appeal this decision. Disqualification will be fixed in a special statement, signed by at least two members of the organizing committee and personally acknowledged by the participant. In case of the participant’s refusal to sign the statement, a phrase “Refused to sign” will be added to the latter. All results obtained by this participant in a given subject shall be declared null.
1. Online competitions shall be held in the following subjects: Mathematics, Foreign Language (English), Social Sciences, International Relations, Cultural Studies, Journalism, Media Communications, Design (only in Russian), Advertising and Public Relations (only in Russian).
2. The competitions in "Mathematics" and "Social Sciences" shall be held both in on-site and online format. Please select one format only when you register for the Competition in these subjects.
3. Rules and conditions of the online competitions shall be published on the Competition's official website.
4. Participation in the online competitions in "Mathematics", "Social Sciences", "International Relations", and "Foreign Language" shall be regulated by the conditions and rules published on the Competition's official website no later than 3 (three) weeks before the Competition starting date.
5. Participation in the online competitions in "Cultural Studies", "Journalism", "Media Communications", "Design" (in Russian only), "Advertising and Public Relations" (in Russian only) shall be regulated by relevant Guidelines published on the Competition's official website no later than 3 (three) weeks before the Competition starting date.
6. The competitions in "Design" (in Russian only) and "Advertising and Public Relations" (in Russian only) shall be held online as per the following Schedule:
- registered participants must submit their papers to HSE from October 24 to October 31, 2019, as per the Guidelines published on the Competition website;
- from November 1 to November 15, 2019, participants who have been selected for Round 2 shall be invited to take part in an interview.
7. During the online competitions, participants may not use electronic devices, auxiliary materials, reference books, directories and other items, which are not allowed during the competitions, as well as communicate with any other persons.
We wish you every success at the Competition!